Monday, March 3, 2008

BALD, BEAUTIFUL, and CONFIDENT!!

YES...I did shave my head!

Too often we rely on our outward appearance to feel beautiful….our confidence is largely determined by how comfortable we feel in a given community- how well we fit in with the "norms" (if there really is such a thing)-how accepted we are by those surrounding us. We allow society to dictate our beauty….our confidence. We are all beautiful PEOPLE and we must be confident in that-in ourselves-regardless of how people view us and treat us based on our external appearancces...

My new year's resolution was to make this year about me- put more energy into myself. I am genrally a pretty strong, confident, and beautiful person- but those are charateristics that I want to continue exploring and making stronger! I want to feel comfortable...confident..and beautiful in my own skin regardless of circumstance. I want to learn to stand strong against the things that bring me down- I want to know that I am wonderful and beautiful in the mist of "ugliness" and despite judgement ...and I want to learn to be constructive with anger and frustration.

I shaved my head in order to further discover and strengthen my inner beauty and confidence- To be MYSELF and know that I am beautiful no matter how people treat me- I am not rejecting "social norms", but rather I am embracing what is not "normal" (again, if there is such a thing), and finding beauty and comfort in that. I am guilty of rejecting things and people that are "different" (as I am sure we all are to some extent), and I am hoping that this experience will open my eyes to that….broaden my horizons and teach me more about LOVING ALL PEOPLE…. people who follow the so called "norms," and those who do not. …

I am free of my hair and my inner beauty and confidence is left to shine brighter than ever!

No comments: