Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not much happenin in my life...

Not much has happened this week....I finally found out that my physics exam is going to be on Sunday at noon! I still don't know where it is going to be, but i am getting closer. I have been spending a lot of time studying (more like a lot of time complaining about needing to study while i find little needless things to do!!) so not much is new in the life of Amanda Holt.

I did go to a place close to Accra this weekend called Kokrobite. It was pretty fun...some parts were kind of touristy and busy, but it was still pretty cool. We only stayed for one night at a place called Milly's backyard- you can rent a ten for the night for 6 cedi, a loft with a bunch of beds for 4cedi, or a hut for 10 cedi....we took the loft. It is right on the beach so that was wonderful! At night they have live drumming and dancing so that was fun to see. The only unfortunate happening was the fact that my mosquito net had a huge gaping hole in it...I could not figure out why I was itching SO BAD all night! When I woke up I saw that I had slept with like 200 mosquitoes that feasted on my body all night long! Yummm!!!!!!! Hopefully Malaria is not in my future!

I think I mentioned Jesse's allergic reaction to the mango in Xofa....well she went to a hospital here that, for some reason, gave her an antibiotic....which she happened to be allergic to. When she marched her swollen, rashhed up body back there, they gave her an antiviral!!!!! Knowing that she was having a severe allergic reaction to a few things, we spent a day trying to find a better private hospital- and we did. It was expensive, but they finally gave her a hydrocorisone shot and an antihistamine shot- After a week and a half of hell, she is finally starting to feel better! i have not been sick here at all...and I am praying that i stay healthy! I have been feeling a little lethargic lately, but I think that it is mostly my diet. I hardly get any micronutrients...and I have a very low iron intake! i am working on finding a way to eat better...and I started taking vitamins and iron!

Anyway, that is about all that is going on. I will be in Accra this weekend studying for my first exam...Yay for Physics!!!!! I will let you all know how it goes!

May you find peace and happiness in your heart!

No comments: